Thursday, June 10, 2010

7,6,2.

For the record,I haven't run out of titles it's just that for the second day in a row the numerical route was the way to go.
7 weeks to go till Nationals,I booked my flight to Sacramento today meaning returning to Nationals is one step closer.
6 more repeats between tomorrow and July 17th.
2 more races,Henderson next Friday and the mile,Icahn the following Tuesday and the ....well I'm keeping that on the down low for now.

After yesterdays 10 miler in the rain it was good to be back to sun,sleeveless running shirt and shades this afternoon,I wasn't going to let the rain deter me yesterday,in fairness it wasn't that bad,I always think back to a comment a friend of mine from Belfast used to make about the weather back home"if I only trained on the days it didn't rain,I'd have never feckin' trained"early on I questioned my wardrobe choice of jacket and baseball cap....over the latter stages of the second half of the run I was happy to have them on as I splashed my way to a 66 minute time.

Given I'm switching up my 4x1 mile repeats from Saturday to tomorrow{not because of the England USA World Cup game on Saturday afternoon!} but because I have to be back on the track Monday to accommodate Friday's mile at Henderson I knew I couldn't go full tilt this afternoon,as it was I clocked 65 mins which was fine by me.
W/ only six repeats on tap I need to get every last ounce out each of them,I learnt a valuable lesson two weeks ago that back to back repeats w/ only one rest day tend not to go as well as I would like so it's 4x1 mile tomorrow b4 a 10 miler Saturday and a rest day Sunday b4 returning to the track Monday for another repeat workout.

No comments: