Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back To Semi Normal

W/ Lynn and Chris now back in London it was back to getting up at 5.25am and getting to work by 6.25am this morning.
Strewth! 63 emails while I was off for three days,granted they weren't all work related but I still has to sift through them and delete where applicable,and answer the ones that needed answering.
There was of course the oh so small matter of talking to my footballing peeps about England and USA,one of the great questions of the day was if Capello is on six million a year for two years.....how much is Bob Bradley the USA coach making???

The final two round of sixteen games today and a penalty shoot out between Paraguay and Japan.
Penalty shoot outs are great drama......if your country isn't involved,I've seen England fall too often at the hands of the dreaded penalty shoot out and I've also witnessed both sides of a penalty shoot out w/ Ireland,winners in Italia 90 vs Romania in the round of 16,losers in Japan/South Korea 02 vs Spain also in the round of 16 so my heart goes out to the unfortunate Japan player who saw his penalty rattle the crossbar today.
Spain beat Portugal in the Iberian derby which means my choice of Spain to win the World Cup is still on.

Back to work also meant back to running at 4.40pm and thankfully the brutal heat of the past few days was gone as was evident by the return to 65 minutes for my 10 miler,I felt I ran well w/in myself and could've upped the pace if need be.
Given this is my long week I feel it's prudent to pace myself this week,cranking out 63-64 minute 10 milers won't mean much if I fail to deliver the goods in Sacramento in just over four weeks time.

No comments: