Saturday, June 19, 2010

Plus One

"Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty the sound of the breath fades w/ the light
I think about the loveless fascination under the milky way tonite
Lower the curtain down on Memphis,lower the curtain down on me
I've got no time for private consultation under the milky way tonite
Wish I knew what you were looking for,might have known what you might find
And it's something quiet peculiar,something shimmering and white
It leads you here despite your destination,under the milky way tonite"
Under The Milky Way-The Church

I have to say,having had a nite to sleep on things I still don't feel any better about last nites mile "race" at Henderson
Race would be a loose term,time trial might be a better description,at the risk of sounding arrogant it was basically me verses the clock as the 4.33.1-4.59 for second place result underlines.
W/ hindsight{which is a wonderful thing!!!}I would've done better to race my team mate and fellow World Record setter in the 800m Bobby Mac in the 800m and ran a 1,500m at Icahn on Tuesday,I didn't and both Bob and I won our respective races from the front w/out much opposition,oh well,them's the brakes I guess.
One thing I will say about my race/time trial was my ability to run fairly even splits,67,68,70,68,I guess that's something when you're out there all by your lonesome and w/ that I'll draw a line under last nite and move on.

I was faced w/ a unique run this lunchtime,due to a gaffe on my part Monday I was looking at only logging 44 miles for the week if I went w/ the tried and tested 10 miler,basically what happened Monday was I forgot to make my mile warm up/mile cool down six laps each,post warm up w/ a mile I though"I could do two miles to cool down to even things up".....that was all well and good till I got done w/ my fastest ever 5x1,000m and frankly just doing a mile cool down was enough and thus I began the week knowing somewhere along the line I was going to have to tack on an extra mile somewhere to round things out at 45 miles,it was always likely that today would be an 11 miler so I tacked on the extra mile at the start of my run heading down to Market St and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway b4 picking up the 10 mile route from Marshall St.
Surprisingly I clocked 69 minutes for 11 miles,I usually average 65 minutes for 10 miles,maybe some of yesterdays frustration was stoking the engine out there,either way 11 miles for the day,45 miles for the week and a rest day on tap tomorrow.

Much to Hobbes's delight Holland won 1.0 this morning vs Japan while a plucky 10 man Australia held Ghana 1.1,the Cameroon Denmark game is finely balanced at 1.1 w/ just over half an hour to go,a loss for either side sees the end of their World Cup.

No comments: