Saturday, June 26, 2010

End Of The Line

"And there's Batman and Robin looking into my room through a hole in the wall
And there's Jane and Tarzan w/ their favourite monkey what's his name?
I say hey! to the girl in the moon there's a mad clock ticking inside of my brain and the colours don't rhyme
I'm gonna stand here waiting till the girl in the moon comes back down"
Girl In The Moon-Icehouse

Yes while most everything else comes to a standstill for the World Cup my love of Karen Gillan goes on!!!
Up at a reasonable hour to conduct my 10 miler this morning,though I know for a fact one of my opponents at up coming Nationals was up three hours b4 me to get his run in,he'll be easy to identify at Sacramento,he'll be the one yawning at the starting line!!!
68 minutes for my run,the heat even at 8.40am was already kicking in,not to mention the downed trees along Cobbs Creek Parkway as a result of Thursdays storm,wow I had no idea the storm we got was that severe as my sister and I were over at the Camden Aquarium,initially to avoid the heat and humidity!!
45 miles for the week and a rest day on tap tomorrow b4 the third and final phase of my prep for Nationals begins Monday.

The knock out stage of the World Cup got underway today and both South Korea and USA are on their way home following 2.1 defeats,I'll talk about this at more length tomorrow but for now let me salute you Bob Bradley's red white and blue army,you did the nation proud and it's been one hell of a ride,till Brazil 2014.

No comments: