Sunday, June 27, 2010

How Long To Sing This Song?

God bless the rest day,I know some runners who train seven days a week,I know some who only train four or five,proving once again that"running is NOT one size fits all"
For me I enjoy one day off,a chance to recharge the batteries both mentally and physically,I know what's ahead this coming week so an off day today was most welcome.

NOT so welcome was England's 4.1 mauling by Germany at the World Cup today,I was not expecting The Three Lions to win the World Cup b4 it began and clearly based on their group stage play that was NEVER going to happen but to go out the way they did that just isn't acceptable,at least yesterday USA went down swinging.
As for the goal that wasn't......and the first Argentina goal vs Mexico......and the handball by Brazil vs Ivory Coast......and the USA goal that wasn't vs Slovenia.....and the handball by France vs Ireland that kept Ireland out......FOR FUCK SAKE FIFA,let's have some goal line technology,"Splatter"{Fifa pres Sepp Blatter}needs to get off that high horse of his,maybe it'll be different if his native Switzerland came up short on one of these awful decisions.

Still lots more "footie" to enjoy at the World Cup,I said b4 a ball had been kicked that the winners would probably come from the "usual suspects"Brazil,Argentina,Germany,Italy,three of the four made it to the last 16,two have advanced already to the 1/4 finals,my pick to win it Spain are still there,my dark horse for the cup Holland are also still there.

No comments: