Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thanks,But No Thanks

Wow,June 30th,we're half way through the year already,January 1st seems like it was a while ago.
The last Wednesday of June is a red letter day for the storeroom....the dreaded annual inventory,a whole day stuck down in the storeroom counting,I only had to do it twice b4 moving up to the loading dock but it's a mind numbing day.
I had to man the fort alone today, Chris was off at orientation for his son Mel who'll be enrolling at West Chester University this fall having just had three days off I could hardly complain about being by my lonesome and I must say the day passed w/out incident.......more or less......

I've mentioned in my blog in the past how I feel Chris and I tend to get overlooked up on the dock,the term "red headed stepchild" has been used more than once by yours truly but until it's proven otherwise it's a term I'll keep using..........
I'm not big on rhetorical questions but I had to ask Chris yesterday if anyone came up to the dock on Thursday or Monday when it was 97 degrees outside and therefore probably over 100 degrees on the dock......the look I got from Chris was the classic"if a picture could paint a thousand words"and NO I didn't expect anyone to inquire if Chris and John were ok up on the dock in all that heat.
So when someone was dispatched from the storeroom to inquire if I wanted to come down stairs for pizza at lunch time I replied"thanks but no thanks"....the politically correct answer when what I wanted to say was"piss off,I'd rather choke on my own bile than brake bread w/ you arseholes"

Seriously this so called "team building" our boss is so happy to try and create kills me,the Material Management Team t shirts that were made last fall,I never wore mine,in fact I threw it down the outside of my filing cabinet in my office as I refused to wear it,I don't know about there being no I in team,I just feel there's no Chris and me in Material Management's team.

I clocked a 63 minute 10 miler this evening,w/ the temps back down to comfortable level I'm able to run and breath a lot easier,I realize I'm breaking new ground this week running 6x10 miles but at this stage of the season I'm more than ready for that challenge as I look to hit my high arc of mileage this week three weeks out from Nationals and begin to taper.

No comments: