Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Boo Hoo! I'm Not Popular.....Again!!!

I was giving the date some thought,June 1st,I graduated high school at the end of June 30 years ago....eek!time has not stood still.
In adulthood,as in high school I find myself in the role of loaner/outcast,I'm ok w/ that,in high school I didn't run w/ the popular crowd and now some 30 years later I find myself reprising that role,like the title say boo hoo I'm not popular again,better to have a few good friends than a bunch of so called,would be friends, a wise man once said"keep your friends close,and your enemies closer"I've found popularity to be overrated at best but I'm reasonably confident b4 the sun sets this summer I'll have proven my point.

After a couple of days of seeing my schedule given the proverbial runaround it was back to basics today a 10 miler at 4.40pm.....b4 I drop down to 8 miles tomorrow and 6 miles Thursday.
Mercifully the rain at lunchtime cooled things down from yesterday,that's not to say I didn't sweat,having seen my weight hold at 138lbs again in May I'm curious to see if I drop any more weight through sheer sweat this month but if I don't 138lbs is a good race weight going into July.
Unofficially 63 minutes this evening,felt very comfortable,a nice moderate 8 miler tomorrow b4 a gentile 6 miler Thursday,fingers crossed the weather cooperates

No comments: