Thursday, June 3, 2010

Game Face Time

Since Monday's mile repeats this entire week has been building up to tomorrow's 5,000m and the beginning of the stretch drive,not only four races in four weeks but also my final races b4 Nationals.
In the next four days I race at 5,000m and 1,500m,not only my distances at Nationals but also my last races at these distances and my last chance to improve my seed times b4 heading to Sacramento,I have the option of a second 5,000m here at Henderson again in a fortnite but I'd prefer to race the mile that nite so tomorrow represents my last chance to improve on my current pr of 15.56.5.,ditto for the 1,500m at Ichan on Tuesday,again I have the option of going for it again a fortnite later but would prefer a crack at lowering my 3,000m pr that evening so tonite and tomorrow are my biggest races this side of Nationals.

In spite of swimming against the tide all day at work I had the luxury of knowing this evening was an easy six miler which suited me having carried the freight all by my lonesome all day at work.
Another warm evening as I cruised to a 52 minute time,remembering the time honoured adage not to leave it all out there on the sidewalk tonite b4 my race tomorrow.
The countdown has begun.

No comments: