Monday, June 28, 2010

Saying Goodbye Never Gets Easier

No not a reference to England's departure from the World Cup,thankfully after the frankly.....emm what's the word????I know.....shite performances served up I think we're all better off they're no longer in the tournament.
As for Don Capello"I don't wish to step down from the England job"....I bet you don't when you're making 6 million a year!!!!
But this tired old excuse every time England fail at a World Cup or Euro C'ship"the players were tired"is bollocks!!! and scant consolation to the millions of England fans who made their way to South Africa,frankly England football/soccer fans deserve better....from the players and the coach.

Anyway w/ that off my chest today saw me bid adieu to my sister and brother in law who flew back to London after a six day visit.
It's always fun to hang w/ my big sister and brother in law,in the almost 23 years I've lived here we've seen a lot of each other w/ visits here,London,Ireland and Athens in 05 when I ran the Athens Marathon but no matter how often we see each other having to say goodbye still smarts as we go our separate ways but rather than dwell on the negative I prefer to think of six days of hanging out,talking,eating together and watching the World Cup together....unequivocally good times.

Got my 10 miler in early again to accommodate my family schedule and given the heat I was happy to be running at 9.30am not 4.40pm as I kicked off the week w/ a 67 minute time,as it was even at 9.30am it was hot,trust me my sleeveless running shirt,shorts and bandanna were drenched in sweat,no more am 10 milers now till Saturday but hopefully cooler conditions will move in for the next few days as I go back to my afternoon/early evening routine

As if the Argentina Germany 1/4 final isn't enough to make the pulse quicken now two more heavyweights are set to meet Holland and Brazil and after tomorrow we'll know the final 1/4 match ups.....not sure what I'll do Wednesday and Thursday when there's no World Cup footie to enjoy.....catch up on Wimbledon maybe???

No comments: