Thursday, June 24, 2010

Substance Over Style

No I'm not talking about England vs Slovenia yesterday,though in some respects I could be I refer to having to grind out my 10 miler this morning in the heat.
Back tracking slightly,the official times from Tuesday's 800m at Icahn were posted today,2.03.7. right on time for me to post my entries online for Nationals a day b4 the first deadline closes.
Following the days high jinx at the World Cup where USA topped group C and now face Ghana while England renew World Cup hostilities w/ Germany.

After clocking 66 mins yesterday in the heat I was back out there this morning{I have a few days off to spend w/ my Sister and Brother in law who are visiting}to log another 10 miler.
Even at 9.30am it was hot,I took a Brad Gilbert "Winning Ugly"approach to the run,just get through it,it wasn't pretty to look at,next to no knee lift but I got through it,68 minutes is hardly earth shattering but I was just happy to get through the run.

Tomorrow is not only another day but a track workout{4x1mile}it also sees the final group stage games at the World Cup and set the round of 16 and the first deadline for Nationals as we're now 5 weeks away from Sacramento.

No comments: