Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday The Thirteenth

Being of a slightly superstitious nature you could imagine my somewhat trepidatious attitude towards today,thus far{touchwood}it's all gone well,let's hope the final 5 hours of the day stay that way.

Took full advantage of the slightly cooler conditions again and the fact tomorrow is a rare Saturday off and clocked 61 mins for my 10 miler.
It wasn't until the final mile and a half that I realized I was "feeling my oates" so to speak,more often than not on the downhill of Catherine St I'm shortening my stride but tonite I was almost in free flow motion on the downhill and as I'm prone to do every once in a while I really worked the uphill,after making the turn at Marshall St the light went on that tomorrow is a rest day so why not"give it some welly"over the closing half a mile,ergo the 61 min pr.

Well if I can work my way past the gathering paparazzi outside my front door I'm off out for an all too rare evening out,hopefully the first of several over the last four and a half months of the year,truth be told if tonite wasn't the Beth Orton gig I'd be hitting the movies "Eat Pray Love' and "Scott Pilgrim Vs The World"both open this weekend,maybe next weekend I can catch one of them.

No comments: