Sunday, August 1, 2010

August And Everything

Having spent the past few days recapping Nationals today is a recap of the last few days.
I skipped Tuesday as I had too much catching up to do after almost a week away but Wednesday through Sunday I ran 10 milers to get ready for the next several weeks of 50 miles a week w/ 2 repeats on the track bookending 4x10 miles beginning w/ a revised in and out 400m repeat, a staple of my last three 5th Avenue Mile build ups tomorrow.

I've been following the European Championships from Barcelona since Monday, obviously I'm delighted Derval O Rourke won a silver for Ireland yesterday in the 100m Hurdles,Derval is the one Irish runner who's been able to deliver at major championships over the last few years so fair play to her.
Britain won 19 medals,a record for the European C'ships and this bodes well for London 2012 which gets underway in just under 2 years{July 27th}respect to Mo Farah pulling off the 5,000m/10,000m double.

More photos from Sacramento are coming through,I may be able to spruce up the blog w/ them in the next few days,Ken Stone got a great one of me kneeling and praying prior to the 5,000m that I want to use.
Back to the track tomorrow,Track Pentathlon is 2 weeks away,5th Avenue Mile in 8 weeks,Masters 5k Road Race C'ships in 9 then I can call it a season.

No comments: