Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Get The Balance Right

"There's more besides the joyrides little house in the countryside,understand learn to demand compromise and sometime lie,get the balance right get the balance right.
Be responsible,respectable stable but gullible concerned and caring help the helpless but always remain ultimately selfish,get the balance right get the balance right"
Get The Balance Right-Depeche Mode

While I was in Sacramento it dawned on me just how much stuff I'd put on hold in order to go to Nationals this year.
As of the end of July I've been to one gig{Flogging Molly} and one movie{Sherlock Holmes} and I need to do a better job of that over the final 5 months of the year,it's all well and good being focused and driven to go to Nationals etc etc but it's also important to do other things and have the money to do so, so I'm hoping to be a bit more fiscally prudent over the next few months to allow myself a few shows{Beth Orton,James,Gary Numan and Social D are on tap between now and the end of October}
Saw a few movie trailers that float my boat and I also want to take in at least one Philadelphia Union game b4 the end ot their debut season in the MLS,penciled in the Sept 11th Chicago Fire game and if I finish in the prize money at the upcoming Greater Philadelphia Track Club Track Pentathlon I'd like to put that money towards a general admission ticket at the US Open tennis in New York the Friday of Labor Day weekend.

Mentally and physically I tried to take it easier this evening on my 10 miler....and still came out at 64 mins..............I'm telling ya it's not in my dna to run slow!!!
As well as all the things I want/need to do for me I also have running related things to pay for,new flats,pay my entry fees for 5th Avenue Mile,Syracuse etc,finally get a back pack,pick up thermal gloves and a skull cap for the fall/winter,buy my USA uniform for Worlds AND starting saving for Worlds,entry fees,flight,hotel,oi vay.

No comments: