Friday, August 6, 2010

Things Can Only Get Better

No day should begin the way mine did,I arrived at work to discover some Ahole had left a skid right behind the electric jack which gets charged up each night,so I had to go down to the storeroom to get the pallet jack to remove 2 skids manually just so that I could get to the electric jack to take the remaining 12 skids down............this lead to the 3Ms on my Ipod Motorhead,Motley and Maiden.............so I guess it's not ALL bad!!!???

Mentally and physically the last few days have been,I wouldn't say a grind but tough,this was my first 5 day week in three weeks either side of Nationals in Sacramento so I think I was finding it a little strange to be back into that routine on top of the fact after a few weeks where my mileage was working it's way down due to my taper and week of competition I'm now working my way back up,50 miles last week and going into this evening 35 miles on my way to another 50 mile week but w/ 2 repeats thrown also.

Given tomorrow is 4x1 mile repeats w/ a mile warm up and mile cool down I opted for a 9 miler this evening to round out at 50 miles,I like round figures so 50 as opposed to 51 w/ a 10 miler tonite suits me better.
Clocked 58 mins,which tells me a 64 min 10 miler was probably on tap,as long as I can deliver the goods tomorrow morning at the track for my mile repeats this is all I care about.

Seems a lot of people are getting their knickers in a twist over Tyson Gay's surprise victory over Usain Bolt in the 100m in Stockholm this evening,
Props and respect to Tyson for beating the World Record holder,Olympic and World Champion.....BUT unless he can repeat this next year at Worlds or the following year at the Olympics it won't mean jack.

No comments: