Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Return Of The Dog Days

Yes folks,the dog days of August are here.
In spite of the heat and humidity I was out the door by 4.40pm to ease my way through a 64 min 10 miler.
I had alot of time to think about the fall and what I plan to do once my season comes to an end after the Syracuse Masters 5k Road Race C'ships on October 3rd and I also began to mentally tinker w/ what repeats I'll do once I return to the track in December,it might sound premature to start planning for next season already but the truth of the matter is I was writing out a rough draft of my summer,fall,winter,spring summer leading up to next years Worlds on the flight home from Sacramento two weeks ago,the old Juma Ikangaa quote"the will to win means nothing w/out the will to prepare" and the Roy Keane quote"failure to prepare,prepare for failure" are seldom far from my mind.
Another hot and humid one is on tap for tomorrow,I'll deal w/ it

No comments: