Tuesday, August 3, 2010

If This Was Me Taking It Easy..............

A so called easy 10 miler after last nites repeat.
Last Wednesday when I resumed 10 milers out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway it was a mild jolt to the system,it'd had been a 2 and a half week hiatus from July 11th till the 28th since I'd ran 10 so it was a bit of a wake up call but by Sunday I was averaging 63 mins per run,my bench mark used to be 65,what surprised me was the fact that both Saturday and Sunday traditionally my slower days I managed to crank out back to back 63s.
Usually on Saturdays and on the rare Sundays I have to run my times creep up,you'd thank getting up at 9.30am instead of 5am and not having to put in a whole day at work I'd run better but I think that on a week day by the time I get done a whole day at work my body is ready to "throw down" where as getting up at 9.30am and sitting for an hour b4 running my system hasn't had a chance to jump start it's self.....maybe last weekend was a one off since I'd only worked a three day work week?

Tonites run came out at 63 mins,now granted it's cooled off somewhat this past week but I'm still mildly taken aback by the fact w/out "going for it"I'm cranking out faster than average times,I was thinking this yesterday as I headed to the track that for alot of athletes once they've ran their final event at Outdoor Nationals that's their season over,and I'm not saying there's anything wrong w/ that,take my team mate Chuck 9 days removed from Nationals he's already running cross country...but then again Chuck's the only runner I know who uses track to get ready for cross country!!!

Had the rare treat of watching a video of my 5,000m & 1,500m races from Nationals today both Mike Blackmore and Jeff Mann had great finishes and I didn't realize how close Pete Magill was to me up the home straight in the 1,500m,check them out on Flotrack if you get the chance.

No comments: