Thursday, August 12, 2010

Countdown To The Weekend

After a few "dog days" it was a nice chance of pace to have temps in the low 80s today,in fact it was so grey and overcast by the time I headed out for my 10 miler I left the shades,bandanna and sleeveless running shirt indoors in favour of my regular glasses,baseball cap and short sleeve t shirt in case it rained and while the grey skies looked foreboding at times I got through the run w/out the heavens opening on me,the cooler conditions also saw a 2 minute reduction in my time, 62 mins.

For once I have a busy weekend on tap,very unlike me I must say,tomorrow is Beth Orton at World Cafe Live,Saturday sees the new Premier League soccer season kick off and Sunday is the Greater Philadelphia Track Club Track Pentathlon/Throwathon.
Beth Orton should be a good show,hard to believe it's been 4 years since her last cd and tour so I'm looking forward to seeing her for the 5th or 6th time,I'm also happy for a nite out,all work,training,blogging make Kevin a tad unbalanced so it'll do me good to get out for a few hours.

The World Cup Final was only 5 weeks ago and yet the new Premier League season is upon us,as luck would have it I'm not running Saturday due to the Track Pentathlon so I can get up at 7.30am and watch the Spurs Man City game b4 tackling the chores of the day.

And so the Track Pentathlon I've mentioned fleetingly for a few weeks,my club is organising the event,5 races or three throws if you're doing the Throwathon{Shot,Javelin and Discus}the track pentathlon is 3,000m,800m,200m,1,500m,400m.
As it stands right now w/ one final day to enter 41 of the 54 track pentathlon spots have been taken up and only 6 spots remain on the throwathon 26 of 32.

From my understanding there will be 35 mins recovery after each event,I'm not sure what the limit per distance will be for the 3,000m and 1,500m you could run three heats at 18 per heat,the shorter distances 4x12 w/ one heat of 6,all this is new to me I've never done anything like this and it remains to be seen if I ever do it again but I figured for shits and giggles why not,the $100 to the winner,$75 to the runner up and $50 to third helps too,providing I still have basic motor skills post event I'll blog my report Sunday.

No comments: