Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If It's Not One Thing,It's Another

So once again it was all going tickety boo until 3.15pm when it began to rain again.....I swear the Weather Gods must sit around all day playing cards etc etc till 3.15pm and then think"eye eye it's 3.15pm,Forde must be getting ready to run.....start the rain fellas.........'' and w/ that the heavens open!!!
Unlike Monday this was a shower and not the heavier downpour that forced me to switch from repeat to road so after some deliberation and a look at Wednesdays forecast which was calling for Thunderstorms I said feck it track it is,unlike yesterday when there seemed no let up in the rain the shower seemed mild and frankly not an issue,when you're taking 5 minute recoveries in between 400s standing in the pouring rain isn't much of a selling point, a soft shower I can live w/,so w/ that it was off to the track at Temple.......................

I arrived at the track to the sound of a marching band.....no need for a fanfare people,I do this twice a week!!!!
NO,this seemed to be a full fledged band practice and while I might've been able to do what I had to do on the track there was always a chance I would be told the track was off limits,or worse still have to dodge Tuba's Trombone's and other large musical instruments if the band practice became Marching Band practice.

Using Temple's track is all new for me,since 06 thro May of this year I've conducted most of my workouts at Franklin Field but since the powers that be there have made that almost impossible for Jo and Josephine public to access the track I've made Temple's track my home,during the summer it hadn't been an issue but w/ classes about to start maybe the rules have changed,I'll need to check the Temple Track Oracle...........my Celtic Brother Sean to see what he knows about band practice,granted in another 6 weeks time after Syracuse working out on the track won't be an issue as I'll begin doing base mileage for several weeks but till then I still need to get on there once during the week and on a Saturday.

I did however get my miles in,a brisk 60 min 10 miler out and back on Cobbs Creek Parkway,we'll have to see what the Weather God's,Marching Bands etc etc have in store for Wednesday b4 I know if it's another 10 miler or my 2x150,4x400,decathletes mile this evening.

No comments: