Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Good Omen?

The photo is from the 1,500m final at Nationals,probably at 500m,Francis B,Jeff Mann,Tom Fitz,Me,Jeff Adkins and Pete Magill,it was brought to my attention by a friend and teammate who alerted me to the fact that WMA{World Masters Athletics}has added an August update to their Sacramento 2011 site and are using this photo,pretty neat eh,of all the races that could've used they picked one of mine.....and no doubt somewhere in Eugene my friend Mike Blackmore is thinking"why didn't they use the photo of me catching you 30 meters from the 800m finish line"????!!!!

Back to the tried and tested 10 miles today,a quirk of scheduling meant I hadn't done one since Friday but given this is roughly my 65th 10 miler this year I think I know how to run one!
It looked like I was going to get caught in a downpour as the first tell tale spots of rain fell as I left at 4.55pm,however that was as bad as it got as it stayed dry under grey skies as I notched a brisk 62 minutes,I thought I might be feeling yesterdays repeats....then again yesterday I thought I might be feeling Sunday's Track Pentathlon.....

No comments: