Saturday, August 14, 2010

One Day At A Time

Even though today is my rest day for the week I couldn't let the significance of the date go by w/out mention.
As of today,August 14th 2010 I have been sober for 22 years,everything good in my life is a result of that.
Hard to believe sometimes that what comes naturally theses days not drinking one day at a time was such an alien concept back in the bad old days,I know for sure I wouldn't be the runner I am today if I still"bent my elbow" and knocked back a few "sherbets".
I thank God for another day of being sober and pray to stay that way one day at a time.

Premiership soccer kicked off today,Spurs drew 0.0 at home to Man City,trust me when I say we did everything but hit the back of the net over 90 minutes,I said Joe Hart should've been the England keeper in South Africa and today underlined that,I hope Mr Capello was paying attention at White Hart Lane today.

Deadline for the Track Pentathlon/Throwathon has closed 44 of us for the track,26 for the throws,see you all at Gwynedd Mercy tomorrow at 8am

No comments: