Thursday, August 19, 2010

That's The Ticket

Yours truly closing in on his 3,000m pr Sunday at the Track Pentathlon,Dan Anders took 245 photos of the event which can be viewed at http://dananders.smugmug.com/
True to my word I used my prize money from the Track Pentathlon to pay for my ticket to the US Open in New York in two weeks time.
Hard to believe I haven't been to Flushing Meadows since 1993 17 years ago....eek,that's so long ago I didn't even have Hobbes then!!!!
Having been to Wimbledon at least 4 times when I lived in London I made 2 trips to the US Open in 92 and 93 and talked about going back last year....but talking was as far as it went so this year I was determined to get up there and Sundays extra $100 took care of that.
I chose the first Friday of the tournament as my day to go for two reasons,there'll be a bunch of 2nd and 3rd round matches on the outside courts so I'll get more bang for my buck.....plus it's Labor Day weekend and by taking Friday off I get a four day weekend sandwiched in between two four day work weeks.....not just an awesome possum,but a clever possum too!

A mild return of the heat today as I clocked 64 mins for my 10 miler,I've always said the time of these runs is unimportant and w/ an all important repeat coming up on Saturday it might be prudent to back off a little today and again tomorrow so I can have a crack at 4/4 @ sub 5 for my mile repeats on Saturday.

No comments: