Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So Much For Being On The Back Foot!

Rather sensibly yesterday I opted for a rest day,there seemed to be nothing to gain and so much to lose by even trying to run after 5 races in just under two and a half hours on Sunday,so I opted to take my rest day yesterday b4 returning to the fray today for my 150,4x4,decathletes mile at Temple this afternoon.

I'm always amazed how my warm up stretches which take 20 minutes last longer than some peoples time on the track,I swear to God there were half a dozen joggers on the track as I lay down on the infield to stretch and by the time I got done they were gone....
Given what I'd done on Sunday I went into today w/ the mindset"just try and contain what you achieved last week"if I was off the mark it was to be expected......yeah right!

2x150m,21.28-21.81. last week I went 21.39.-21.95. this was a pleasant surprise but I didn't want to get carried away,they were only 150s after all....................
4x400m,61.43.-61.40.-61.20.-62.83.Eileen my dear old mother reads my blog so I have to be careful what I write here.....Mother F!!!!!
Where did those 61s come from??if this is me on the back foot I'm curious to see what happens when the jets open up??
I said back on week 1 that dropping down to 400s again was going to be a shock to the system but tonite it felt as if my knee lift,leg turn over and arms were all on the same page for 400,maybe I should bookmark David Gillick's blog and see what a top class 400m runner does,and YES I was pissed my final 400 wasn't a 61!

Decathletes Mile,again I could be forgiven if I thought that maybe the previous repeats had eaten into my reserves......
1.15.1.21.1.19.69.-5.04.2.no let up tonite on the final lap like last week,I'd like to eliminate that 1.21 but all in good time,w/ 5 more weeks of this repeat on tap I have to fancy a sub 5 coming soon.
By virtue of taking a rest day yesterday I will have to run Sunday b4 coming back here next Monday to do this repeat again but providing I keep that in mind on Sundays run I could be on for another big day w/ this repeat next week.

No comments: