Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Channeling My Inner Dirty Harry

Ask most movie buffs the one line that comes to mind when you say Clint Eastwood or Dirty Harry and I'll bet the house "Go ahead punk,make my day" tops that list......me being me cos I like to march to the beat of my own drum prefer"A man's got to know his limitations" it's also applicable to runners everywhere.
I sat out my preposed 10 miler yesterday as my calves were still feeling the effect of Saturdays 300x200x300 repeats,I was impressed I got through Sundays 10 milers given I felt "clinically dead" below the waist and if my zenlike attitude w/ my recliner was anything to go by post run then it's no surprise I sat out yesterday.

Sat was the operative word as I did something I haven't done in eons{feel free to delete from a long list!!!} and ran a hot bath and sat in it w/ some Epsom Salts for half an hour,frankly I'd have done the same on Sunday IF I'd had said Epsom Salts which I didn't and to be 100 % honest getting off the recliner period on Sunday muchless heading to the nearest Rite Aid,CVS or Walgreens for them didn't feel like an option,w/ hindsight maybe I should've....w/ even more hindsight maybe I shouldn't have opted for my flats for Saturdays repeats thus negaiting the need for said Epsom Salts and the need to sit out a day.......hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it!!!

I don't have a lot of leeway w/ my schedule this week,the Depeche Mode show in Atlantic City on Friday nite and an all dayer at the US Open on Sunday make this week a crap shoot to begin w/ w/out having to sit out yesterday but it's still doable,10 miles tonite,8 miles or 8 mile tempo run tomorrow,10 miler Thursday,6x600m repeats on Friday,8 miler Saturday= 5 days/40mpw.......somehow I suspect the tub and the Epsom Salts will be revisited b4 weeks end!

No comments: