Thursday, February 18, 2010

Full Moon Fever

"But oh just as soon as my money got low I couldn't find nobody and I had no place to go
And if I ever get my hands on a dollar again I'm gonna hold on till the eagle wins cos I found out nobody wants you when you're down and out"
Nobody Wants You When You're Down And Out-Rod Stewart.

It's seldom I rejoice pay day....then again it's rare I find myself in the fiscal bind this past pay period was,three overdraft charges on my last cheque meant I was in the hole for $105 b4 I began and needless to say being down a buck o five soon caught up w/ me to the point I've been holding on for dear life for the last ten days,hence the rejoicing of pay day and having money again today.
I'm no astronomy major so I could be forgiven for not knowing if or when the next full moon was in orbit but dear God I was convinced based on the data I gathered this morning that a full moon had to be close,I'll spare you the gory details sidebar my diary will have a blow by blow account where I don't have to hold back or spare anybody's feelings..............

As for my run it was another good,solid effort over 8 miles,I'm getting used to the extra 2 miles which bodes well for me if I opt to move up to 5,000m and need to up my mileage from 30 to 40/45 miles a week.
Another day of above freezing temps meant the quality of the sidewalks improved and that some of the ice that was rock hard on Sunday is slowly turning to slush,note to self beware the curb at Cobbs Creek Parkway and Hazel Ave,going up and coming back my foot got soaked,there's nothing like running w/ a running shoe full of icy water...take my word for it if you don't believe me!
Time will tell if a week of 5x8 mile runs will make a big difference over 3,000m,16 days from now at the Mac C'ships I'll get my first idea of theory and practice,till then it's back to another 8 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway tomorrow.

One final foot note,in order to get my run in during daylite I had to nix hitting Fresh Grocer on my way home,so post run it was back up to 56th St to grab dinner for the next couple of days till I have more time to buy groceries over the weekend,upon leaving I looked up in the sky at the moon....not a full moon...........maybe there was just an arsehole convention in the hospital this morning..............

No comments: