Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sing This W/ Me This Is 40

"I waited patiently for the lord he inclined and heard my cry he brought me up out of the pit out of miry clay,I will sing sing a new song I will sing sing a new song how long to sing this song? how long to sing this song? how long, how long,how long,how long to sing this song?"
40 U2

In a week I logged 40 miles for the first time in dare I say it how long I had to throw out the time honoured U2 classic.
Today was very much a carbon copy of yesterday,up by mid morning for a power breakfast of Coffee,OJ and a Banana and out the door by 10.20am to take care of business.
More glorious sunshine,another day to don the shades,ditch the ski hat and gloves and like yesterday dispense my unique brand of black hearted celtic pagan anti social commentary to motorists who pissed me off at the junction of Market St and Cobbs Creek Parkway,special mention goes to"Bob's Big Boy"yesterday.........hope getting to that red light 2 seconds earlier made all the difference in your day...................wanker!

Time will tell if my week of 8 mile runs/40 miles a week will benefit me over the 2 miles and 3,000m between the Mac C'ships on March 6th and Indoor Nationals on March 26th,those races will tell me if it's worth moving upto 5,000m this summer and thus upping my weekly mileage to 40-45 miles a week,but that as they say is for another time.
This week has been a good week,clearly moving upto 8 miles held no fear for me which bodes well for the future,I'm looking at another such week inbetween the Mac C'ships and the Frontrunners meet b4 then heading to Boston.

Prior to then I have this week to focus upon, a return to speed work albeit a tempo run on Tuesday,hopefully a return to 6 days a week training{I know a novel concept he said!} and more importantly a return to racing,my last races were the Hartshorne Masters Mile on Jan 23rd and not forgetting the Millrose Games Masters 4x400m relay on Jan 29th both four and three weeks ago,since then I've logged weeks of 30, 30,30 and 40 miles,a boxer can only spar but so many rounds b4 climbing through the ropes,lacing up the gloves and coming out swingin'...let's get ready to rumble......

No comments: