Friday, February 26, 2010

Stop Me If You've Heard This One B4

"Stop me stop me stop me, stop me if you think that you've heard this one b4
I was delayed,I was way laid,an emergency stop I smelt the last 10 seconds of life
I crashed down on the crossbar and the pain was enough to make a shy bald buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder"
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One B4-The Smiths

It snowed again yesterday untill lunch time today,I know what else is new this winter but at least it afforded me a chance to cite another set of Smiths lyrics,I've been on a bit of a Smiths/Morrissey kick this week,for which I make no apologies.
Unlike previous snow storms we lucked out this time,it didn't begin to settle untill late last nite upon my return from New York but even when I got up this morning it wasn't too bad considering it had snowed for 24 hours.
By lunch time it stopped snowing and the sun came out so I knew a run was on tap this evening{not that it was an option having burnt my rest days early in the week}but thanks to getting home by 4.15pm and not 4.30pm as usual I was able to get changed and get out by 4.30pm.
Despite the glorious sun and the fact I was going to be done b4 sunset I went san shades,I knew conditions underfoot were in places going to be tricky so safety was going to be the watch word of the day,Indoor Nationals are now four weeks away as of today,illness and injury are not an option.

The majority of the extended out and back course along Cobbs Creek Parkway was user friendly,there were predictably sections of the course that were still under snow but by in large I was able to negotiate the rough spots w/ ease,however there was food for thought for tomorrow when the temps drop overnite that some of the rough spots will freeze over but I do have the luxury of being able to run at lunch time as opposed to early to mid morning which will allow for the above freezing temperatures to soften things up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

4x800 outdoor WR attempt How about east coast vs west coast? Club nationals July 10 San Fran

Anonymous said...

40-49 division of course


Matt

kevin f forde said...

Matt,
I like the sound of that,be like getting a tattoo,once you've got one you fancy another and one can never have enough World Records!!
Sadly I think two trips out west for us East Coasters is a bit much as we're coming out to Sacremento for Masters Nationals in July,maybe a 4x800m showdown then,what'd ya think?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know travleing can get a bit expensive.

That is a thought, the 4x 800 is on the 25th of July.
Certainly.

Matt

kevin f forde said...

I'll talk to my people,you talk to your people and maybe we can make it happen!!!

dinklesnaps said...

Too bad I am not yet 40!

kevin f forde said...

You know what they say,"life begins at 40"not to worry bud,your time will come