Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Kick In The Bollocks

Ok a more pc title might've been "Damned If You Don't,Damned If You Do" but "A Kick In The Bollocks" has more of a ring to it I feel!!
Having opted out of a run yesterday because I thought it would rain, today was a complete wash out because of the rain,glass half full part one, the day long rain will help melting the snow and ice that's clogged up the roads and sidewalks for over two weeks,glass half full part two w/ back to back rest days I'll be well rested going into Thursdays 1,500m.
Yet again I have no margin for error now to get 5 training days/30 miles in this week,everything being everything I'm looking at 33 miles after Sunday,and also yet again w/ 5 consecutive days I'm looking at going into next weeks race w/ potentially 9 days in a row b4 a rest day b4 the 3,000m,but we'll,cross,burn,jump,paint that bridge next week.
It's not lost on me that were it not for my achilles tendon injury last summer I might be reading myself for World Indoors at Kamloops British Columbia Canada which begin Monday,instead I'm finalizing my plans for Indoor Nationals in Boston w/a potential 4 races in 3 days,hence the need to make my final three races b4 Boston count beginning w/ the 1,500m on Thursday.

No comments: