Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Marchin' On

In spite of the fact I woke up to a lite dusting of snow there were no worries about getting out for my out and back 6 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway this evening.
However,word around the water cooler at lunch time was the potential nor'easter heading our way Friday,a possible 15 to 18 inches of snow{eek!}won't that bollocks up my weekend if it happens!!!
But w/ everything else I can't control in life I can't and won't worry about it,alot could happen between now and then so we'll just see what happens and deal w/it.
A slightly later start again this evening 4.50pm,but w/ sunset now at 5.22pm I can still more or less get my whole run in b4 dusk,it's a big plus in winter when the temps aren't great.
The reason for my later start?catching the end of Leeds Spurs game,a 3.1 win for Spurs.....c,mon you Lillywhites!!!we're now into the 5th round of the FA Cup,like the old song goes"you make me happy when skies are grey".

The run it's self was incident free,Friday will mark my 12th run along CCP since getting"back to basics"on Jan 8th,as each one goes by I feel myself getting stronger,hopefully next Thursday when I run the 2 mile race at The Armory I'll feel the benefit of these runs,my participation in the 3,000m at Indoor Nationals next month will be determined by this 2 miler,the first of 4 races in 4 weeks,an 800m and 1,500m in between b4 finishing off w/ a 3,000m,sadly the Mac C'ships 3,000m comes post entry deadline for Indoor Nationals ergo the importance of next Thursday's 2 miler.
Anywho there's a whole week between now and then,first things first tomorrow's 5x1,000m repeats.

No comments: