Friday, February 19, 2010

Half Way There

Three down,two to go as I close in on 5 x 8 miles in successive days.
I won't front,I was a little concerned going into today that back to back to back 8 milers might begin to take it's toll but I have to say not only do I feel fine now some two hours after my run but more importantly during.
I've said all along this week was pivotal to my Indoor Nationals 3,000m plans which are now 5 weeks away as of today and who knows maybe a summer of 5,000m,b4 we go there I need to see how the Mac C'ships and Indoor Nationals 3,000m go but clearly if I do move up then 8 milers are going to be the norm so while 5 in a row may not be ideal it's about sucking it up for now and looking at the bigger picture.

Conditions were ideal again,I ditched the ski hat and gloves and was tempted to don my shades as the sun was bright and beautiful,however "safety fast"remains my mantra and I need to be mindful of the conditions underfoot in places is still questionable,given tomorrow and Sunday I can run late morning as opposed to late afternoon maybe shades will be permissible.
Food for thought,last Friday I discovered there'd be one last Armory meet post Mac,pre Indoor Nationals and I was leaning towards running the 800m.....until last nite when the schedule was posted and I saw the 2 mile is on the schedule,I've talked about going after the club records for 3,000m and 2 miles for two years now,just as it looked like my 2 mile aspirations had gone I've been given another bite of the cherry and I for one look to take full advantage.

No comments: