Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Third Time's A Charm

After back to back DNS's I was able to get out there tonite for my back and forth x 2 8 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway.
After a late start and snow had scuppered Monday I got #$!*ed over yesterday by my landlord who told me he was coming over to change the lock on the front door"I'm on my way over" he told me at 4.30pm,by 5.50pm he was a no show and I began to fume how he'd cost me a run,I'm now looking at a third 5 day training week in a row but also 5 days in a row at 8 miles,by the weekend it'll be interesting to see how I'm holding up.
One plus of a two day respite was my legs were fresh,not something I could've said on Sunday,something else I couldn't say Sunday was the sidewalk on 61st St was ploughed and judging from my vantage point at the foot of 61st St the path through the park to the other side of Cobbs Creek Parkway has been ploughed too,though I may wait till Saturday or Sunday to see how the land lays on the otherside of Baltimore Ave b4 venturing over there.

Tonite felt comfortable,I'm no stranger to 8 milers,I logged one on Jan 31st,a 9 miler on Feb 5th b4 another 8 miler on Sunday,I've come along way from the guy who huffed,puffed and cut tangents on his back to back return to 6 milers on Jan 8th and 9th,if you'd have told me then 6 weeks ago I'd do 1 8 miler let alone 5 back to back 8 milers I'd have been cynical but the again on Jan 8th I wasn't considering the 3,000m at Indoor Nationals,so...........
A foot note to end on,I was out the door by 4.45pm and back home again by 5.50pm and it was still daylight,sunset was at 5.38pm,slowly but surely we're edging towards Spring....YEA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daylight Savings starts on March 14, not too far away.

kevin f forde said...

You know it!!!