Monday, February 1, 2010

The Return Of The Jobsworths

Nothing like crashin' back down to earth,I know I want to put the glory of Friday behind me but I would have liked to kick off my week as planned w/ a 6x600m repeat.....
Over the past three years whenever Kim the regular security guard at Franklin Field isn't on duty I have a problem getting onto the track,they always stick these "jobsworths"there in her place who have and I'm not being cruel here no frickin clue as to what's what at Franklin Field....today was no different!
Cliff notes version,I arrive at 4.15pm,show "Jobsworth"my id and tell him I know I have to wait till Penn's athletes are done.......no,no no "Jobsworth" tells me w/ an air of authority that he has no right to dispense since he's never worked a day in his life here!!!"they're on the track till 6pm and the track closes at 6pm.....REALLY cos they've been getting done at 4.50pm for the past three weeks....I should know I've been here twice a week in that time!!!
Rather than get into it w/ the "Jobsworth's"of this world I said feck it and headed home,a I was already dressed to run so it was straight out the door for my 6 miler,fingers crossed Kim will be on duty tomorrow and b since I wanted to do 4x1 mile repeats on Saturday anyway I figured a Tue,Thur,Sat repeat rotation wasn't the worst thing in the world....providing it's Kim and not "Jobsworth" on duty tomorrow.

As for my 6 miler it was great,the fact sunset was at 5.19pm and I was almost all the way home b4 daylite had faded helped,the fact it's been a while since my week kicked off w/ a 6 miler and not a 6x600m might've helped to shake things up also.
Since my back to back 6 milers on Jan 8th and 9th when I huffed,puffed and cut tangents like it was going out of style to get through them after a 7 month hiatus from them I've come on like gangbusters w/ them,tonite I had to "pull on the reins" a little to remind myself that this was afterall my easy run as I got a little carried away w/ visulizing my upcoming 2 miles and 3,000m races at The Armory,all in good time grasshopper,all in good time.
Let's hope for a "Jobsworth" free zone at Franklin Field tomorrow!

No comments: