Saturday, February 13, 2010

Back And Forth

Well the good news is,not only did I manage a 6 miler I stayed upright throughout!!!!yea go me!
After mapping out a potential route on Gmap I discovered the first major road I needed to run along was non accessable and thus shooting down that plan b4 it could even begin.
Ever the Boy Scout{Dib,Dib,Dib}for once I took my watch w/ me on this run to get an idea of being out on my run for 50 mins the average time for my 6 milers since based upon yesterday the old tried and tested route is off limits for a while.
I opted to run north along 63rd St/Cobbs Creek Parkway today just to suss out the lie of the land,my sources told me the drives were runable but aside from getting there and back I also needed to scope out a route closer to home for next weeks 8 milers.

Technically a work in progress I think I have a route for tomorrow,it's alot of back and forth along the side of Cobbs Creek Parkway I usually favour, down to Baltimore Ave and back upto Market St and back but if it occupies 65 mins/8 miles at 8 min mile pace then sobeit.
I can also factor in some minor hill repeats just after Cedar Ave so while it's not what I had in mind it'll surfice,in running as in life sometimes you have to improvise!

Oh yeah,I did some research on Ireland's Winter Olympic team:Aoife Hoey and Claire Bergin Bobsled,Kirsty McGarry Alpine Sking,Pat Shannon Skeleton,Shane O Conner Alpine Sking,PJ Barron 15K Cross Country Sking......Erin Go Bragh

No comments: