Saturday, February 27, 2010

Strange Phenomena

Despite posturing towards a lunch time/afternoon workout today I was up by 8am and out the door by 10am.
Conditions underfoot weren't too bad,having run the course yesterday I knew what to expect,what did surprise me was how mild conditions were,according to channel 10 it was 29 degrees at 10am so I went w/ ski hat and gloves,once out there I felt I didn't actually need them but having been protective of my health all winter now is not the time to get fast and loose w/ that,I don't want a repeat of Indoor Nationals 07 where I got sick just b4 and had to drop out of the mile,my only dnf ever in a now 34 year career.
For a brief moment the sun was trying to peer out from behind the clouds....just as snow flakes fell,not something you see every day,but given this winter so far,why am I not surprised.

Another reason for going out at 10am was to be home by 11am to catch the rugby,somewhat surprisingly BBC America has began to show Six Nations Rugby,Six Nations Rugby has been going on for years{1883 to be exact,though back then it was probably Five Nations,Italy were added to the tournament in 2000}but it's only this season that BBC America has been showing it and today was England verses Ireland a game I had to watch.
Ireland won 20.16,I'm already relishing talking smack to my brother on the phone tomorrow,and should Celtic beat rangers tomorrow that'll be a double whammy for me!!

Another 10am run tomorrow,up by 8am to see Spurs verses Everton,out the door by 10am to run and then laundry and a few trans atlantic phone calls,Mum and "Our Kid",dinner Track & Field on Espn2 and the closing ceremony of the Winter Olympics.....day of rest my arse!!

No comments: