Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Check

News flash,more snow..........YEA!!!!
Granted it won't be the arsekickin' we've taken in the past 10 days{thank God!} and there's even talk of it turning to rain so maybe that'll help melt some of snow and ice currently blighting the landscape.
In fairness the slight snowfall wasn't the only reason to take a snow check today,I was a little behind schedule getting home which dosen't effect a 6 miler cos I can be out by 4.50pm and done by 5.40pm when there's still enough day light but 65-70 mins begining at 4.50 we're looking at 6pm and w/ conditions under foot in places dicey I don't want to play fast and loose,there's little or no point trying to rack up extra mileage this week if it's gonna result in falling and getting injured.
I won't front, I could also use an extra rest day for my legs to recover,I was feeling it yesterday as I notched 20 miles in 3 days which isn't a lot but again I don't want to be out there going through the motions putting miles in for the sake of putting miles in,I'd rather take a rest day and come back snow permitting fresh,plus I've proven in the past fortnite that I can put in 30 miles in 5 days,thought this week I'm looking at 40 miles in 5 days w/ an extra 2 miles a day which shouldn't be too dramatic an increase.
Here's to blue skies,semi clear sidewalks and being out the door by 4.40pm tomorrow.

No comments: