Friday, February 5, 2010

Welcome To The Whole Week

While the news of the day was the impending snow storm coming our way there was other news too.....yours truly putting in his first 5 day work week since the second to last week of July!!!!
Seriously if it weren't for the mass of snow potentially heading our way I think every news crew in Philly would've been camped out outside the loading dock to capture the historic event!!!!
All jokes aside it wasn't a big deal to work Monday to Friday for a change,having spent the last month getting back to basics w/ my training getting back to basics at work kind of brings it full circle now.

There was no escaping the coming snow,it's been the talk of the town since Wednesday,who knows how much of it we'll see,as I sit and write it's coming down and has been for a while which is why I tacked on a few extra miles this evening to round out my mileage to 30 miles tonite in case I don't get out there over the weekend.
Following yesterdays 5x1,000m repeats I was on 21 miles for the week,I knew the out and back 6 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway this evening would put me at 27 miles,tantalizingly close to my weekly target of 30.....but w/ the threat of snow on the way I thought why not make it a 9 miler,an extended extended out and back if you like.

Last year if needed I would tack on an extra mile to the traditional out and back by heading down to the old cinder track aka "The Top Cat Bowl" b4 hitting the out and back along the Parkway,on Sunday when I needed an 8 miler I carried on beyond the turnaround point to add an extra two miles to make it the 8 miles I needed,so tonite it was a case of combining all three to give me the 9 miles that would give me 30 miles in 5 days.
Given my slightly later start than usual{5pm}and my extra 3 miles I knew I'd finish in darkness but I wasn't phased by it,at the turnaround I felt the first tell tale flakes of snow beginning to fall,looks like my choice to get the extra miles in tonite was a prudent one.
Home safely,and now it's the waiting game,how much snow will we get?how badly will it effect my training?we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: