Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Onwards

YES! back to running today,an easy 6 miler b4 tomorrow's 1,500m at The Armory....weather permitting.
The weather is beyond a sore spot now,not only do I have to worry about tomorrow but also Friday and maybe the whole weekend,just when the 24 hours of rain had washed out so much of the snow and ice from the last two snow storms now we're looking at more bloody snow!!

Rather than fixate about the weather it's time to knuckle down to business tomorrow,outside of the Millrose Games 4x4 relay on Jan 29th I haven't raced since the Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile on Jan 23rd, a month ago,in that time I've logged 136 training miles w/out a race so you know I'm ready to get out there tomorrow nite.
I'm curious to see what kind of shape I'm in,we're almost a year removed from my 1,500m pr of 4.07.49. so we'll see what kind of shape I'm in post race,if I ran 4.10 I'd be happy,anything faster will be a bonus.

Lest we forget my last race here at my beloved Armory some seven weeks ago,"the bitch slap back into reality"that was heard around the world,I need to exorcise those demons and how and unlike my next two races were I'm racing unfamiliar distances tomorrow I know exactly what I'm capable of running,let's hope I can.

No comments: