Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Another Jewel In The Crown

So as I mentioned yesterday I'm considering going for the 10,000m club record next Friday at Widener University.
When I began eying up the 3,000m and 2 mile records in late January that was as far as I was looking,but once they fell on March 6th and 19th I began to consider the 5,000m which I took on Saturday which meant all that was left was the 5k road and 10,000m records....

10,000m rarely gets ran on the track,at 25 laps are you wondering why?in fact I've only ran 10,000m once back in 87 and there is no club record for 10,000m but I figured since I own the track records at:1,500m,3,000m.2 miles and 5,000m I should go for the clean sweep at the distance records and add the 10,000m.
To factor in my 10,000m race next Friday I'll tweak my mileage next week,should things go to plan I'm still looking at 50 miles w/ the 10,000m serving as my speed workout for the week...but like I said that's next week,I need to get through this week first.

Tonite was 10 miler#2 for the week, a mild improvement time wise on last nite,not that these runs are about time but it was good to know I hadn't allowed the freakishly warm conditions to slow me down{sidebar the course along Cobbs Creek Parkway is well shaded which will be a big plus this summer}
Final footnote of the day once I was able to access Facebook at work today I knew something was off,so I chanced my arm and....voila You Tube!
I finally got to see the Millrose Games 4x4 from January which was kind of neat to see me run at Madison Square Garden,I also watched a bunch of Eamonn Coghlan,Sonia o Sullivan,Gabriela Szabo,Seb Coe John Treacy and Steve Ovett races,but the race I enjoyed the most was finally seeing the Melbourne 56 1,500m final when Ronnie Delaney won Olympic Gold,I have the picture of him crossing the finish line on my wall along side pictures of Marcus and Eamonn,I'm reading his biography but until today I'd never seen the race,it was a thing of beauty,9th at the bell and a blistering final lap,well worth waiting 54 years to see!

No comments: