Friday, April 30, 2010

See You On The Dark Side Of Alfie Moon

Eureka!Friday and the end of the work week,it's amazing how frustrated I've been in the past two weeks at work and I only worked 4 day work weeks both weeks.
I made a conscious decision in mid November to have a more positive attitude not just at work,but in training/racing,life whatever and until last week I felt it was paying off but whatever it was,maybe it was the crippling fiscal issues w/ the bank and everything that came w/ it,maybe the issue of missing out on the Olympic Development 5,000m or the bullshit w/ the club almost being kept out of the Penn Relays,maybe it was the increase in mileage,what ever it was last week and this week at work wasn't the lovable roguish Alfie Moon persona I've tried to uphold since mid November,and for whatever reason/reasons today I was able to rise above all the crap that I'd allowed to get to me last week and this week and not allow myself to dragged down to a level below where I want to be.

Home and out on the road by 5pm,I was pleasantly surprised to clock 64 mins again today,I thought I might ease off the gas a little w/ a 5x1,000m on tap tomorrow,I'm pretty sure if I hadn't eased up over the closing few miles this evening I believe I'd have gotten under 64 minutes,that said I'm confident of doing the business on the track tomorrow period,but I also want to see how I match up against my last 5x1,000m from April 10th.

No comments: