Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Half Way There

I knew from a physical and mental standpoint today was the day I had to get through.
10 miler#3 on the week but also my 4th in a row since Sunday and I was feeling the collective weight of those 10 miles,the summer like heat and not to mention being up till 11pm last nite to catch"Justified"on FX.
Any time I nodding off in my office in front of the pc I know I'm tired but there was never any chance of me blowing off tonites run,the whole point of this week was to run 5x10 miles Monday through Friday b4 hitting the track Saturday for 5x1,000m so when I got home at 4.30pm it was a quick change from work clothes to running clothes and out the door.

Remarkably tonite was faster than yesterday....so much for being fatigued,I left at 4.45pm and returned at 5.53pm....I know it makes no sense to me either,in an ideal world{whatever that is??!!}Monday would've been easy,yesterday slightly faster,my fastest run of the week today,down shifting slightly tomorrow b4 easing through Friday and then leaving it all on the track Saturday....this could still happen,I'm taking an early nite tonite trust me,there's nothing on tv{not strictly true the season finale of"Being Erica" comes on at 10pm but I've missed the last two episodes so I'd prefer to watch them on my dvr b4 the season finale}and as they say down south"I'm plum tuckered out"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting quotes and subtext in the finale of being erica...going back does not alter the past. it's the present self who's meant to be growing as a person.