Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life Imitates Art....Or Vice Versa

"I'll wait for you till I turn blue there's nothing more a man can do
Don't get your bollocks in a twist,settle down don't take a fit
Ya drank w/ demons straight from hell they almost nearly won as well
Ya wiped the floor w/ victory then puked until you fell asleep"
Salty Dog- Flogging Molly

Nothing like returning to work after an extended weekend to make you realize why you took Friday and Monday off to begin w/!!!!
I'll spare you the gore but the cliff notes version is:I feel I'm getting taken for a mug,my boss is either clueless as to the day to day running of our department or is willing to let me do all the donkey work since evidently I'm expected to do it anyway and it was done by otherpeople while I was off...
But the piece de resistance I find out both my coworkers are taking off next Tuesday...the same day I have to leave early to take the bus to New York to run at Ichan,when I email my boss{we're back to not speaking a la the last three months off last year} I was informed she had no knowledge of both of them taking the day off{St Paddy's Day allover again}....sorry you run the department....how could you not know they both requested off......or is it a case of Eyore will do all the donkey work as usual,race or no race they can kiss my lillywhite Irish arse I 'm not busting a gut for these clowns.

Maybe that's why tonites 10 miler finished w/ a florish and a 63 minute time,nothing like some work related angst to get you fired up for a run.!!!
Tomorrow sees me return to the track for some repeats,having put down a base it's now time to work on my speed so for the first time since Feb 2nd it's into the "Death Zone"6x600m,it's gonna be a rude awakening but it has to be done.....who knows if work pisses me off again tomorrow{every chance of that I'd bet!!} I might be in rare form by the time I hit Franklin Field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I put in months in advance for vacation days around my marathons. I MUST protect those days!!! :-)

kevin f forde said...

I remember those days....you should've heard the bitchin' and moaning twice a year between 02-05 when I'd take off b4 and after my marathons!!!