Monday, April 19, 2010

Not The Week I'm Used To

Over the years the week has meant something special in 91,02 and 05 I ran the Boston Marathon and notched sub 3 hour marathons in all three making up 3 of the 8 sub 3 hour marathons in my 14 marathons over 20 years
For the past four years I've ran in the Penn Relays Masters 4x400m relay,but not this year.
I said all along at Penn and Millrose I'm not a 400m runner,but I could run a decent 400m when needed,but for the past two years I've been waiting for the other{running}shoe to drop.....this year it did,the writing was on the wall when I failed to make the Millrose team,only to sneak in on a b team{and medal.....whee!!!}and this year for Penn I could only muster the 6th fastest time which is only good enough to make me an alternate this year....and that's ok.

While I didn't make the Olympic Development 5,000m which is a disappointment I feel my Penn Relays story is far from over,I'm gonna work my tail off to get in to next years OD 5,000m{at 47 that'll be a fate acompli}and I do believe once I turn 50 I'll be on the 50s 4x400m Relay for a few years....till the guys squeezing me out of 40 4x400 turn 50 and squeeze me out again!!!
This week the schedule is 6x10 miles,obviously access to Franklin Field isn't happening and since I'm the alternate on Saturday for the 4x4 I can't trek out to Lower Merion to knock out a 5x1,000m so I figured another week of building my base mileage will surfice.

Tonite's 10 miler was nice and easy,I reaped the benefit of a rest day yesterday and will look to tweak the next couple of days,start hard,ease up,start easy ramp it up,a few long surges, and an all out hard 10 mile b4 an easy 10 miler to round out the week.

No comments: