Friday, April 9, 2010

50 Not Out

W/ the 20/20 Cricket World Cup at the end of the month I couldn't resist a cricket reference!
After four days of summer like tempratures it was back to spring like conditions this afternoon which suited me,while todays run was the most important to me I couldn't help but ponder tomorrow's prepossed 5x1,000m repeats but like I said they're tomorrow for now it was time to focus on my 10 miler

When I reached the turn around I was at 45 miles,which was my total mileage for last week,this week was always scheduled to be my big mileage week,from here on in I'm looking at 45-50 miles per week untill early July when I may attempt a 6x10 mile 60 mile week.....but like I said that's not till July.

Another surprizingly brisk time for my 10 miles,out by 4.45pm,home by 5.50pm....so much for easing down b4 tomorrows repeats!!!,I just don't know how to run slow,it's not in my dna,I remember arriving in Orono for 07 Nationals and doing a mile warm up to get a feel for the track and my team mate and roomie on that trip Ray saying after a lap"damn your warm up mile is fast"!!!

2 comments:

The Laminator said...

Hey Kev...just wanted to thank you for all your kind words and encouragement! I really appreciate it! I will try to follow your lead and "embrace" the run. Thanks!

kevin f forde said...

Lam it is my considerable pleasure to post on your excellent blog.
Keep up the good work w/ your running and the blog,I look forward to following both.
Best op luck in DC tomorrow