Saturday, April 17, 2010

After The Flood

Never one to rest on my laurals I was out by 11.30am to take care of my 10 miler to round out my weekly mileage at 50 miles for the week.
While tomorrow is a rest day in terms of training it's hardly a rest day as I have a list of domestic chores to take care of,running god becomes domestic god I guess??
The official results from last nite are up,11th out of 17 runners{1 dnf} in 34.44.36. to put that in perspective that would've gotten me 8th place at Worlds last summer and 4th overall at Nationals but 1st in the 45-49 age group....not too shabby for my first 10,000m in 23 years!!!

I don't see becoming a habitual 10,000m runner,there's a reason why I hadn't ran one in 23 years,why no one from the club had ever ran one and also why these days at Olympic and World Championship level the 10,000m is a straight final compared to semis and final like it was back a few years ago,trust me 25 laps is a lot!!

As for my 10,000m future?I doubt there'll be another one this year,next year either Outdoor Nationals or at Haywards Fields,as for my 10k road plans?post Nationals,5th Avenue Mile and Masters 5k Road,who knows my 1984 34.53 pr is my longest standing pr and I'd like to see that go based on the evidence of last nite that's a possibility,but that said that's for another day I need to focus on next week now.

No comments: