Monday, April 12, 2010

The Gospel According To Harold Shand

"For more than ten years there's been peace,everyone to his own patch.
We've all had it sweet,I've done every single one of you favours in the past,I've put money in all your pockets.
I've treated you all well,even when you was out of order right well now there's been an eruption"

For those of you not familiar w/ the 1980 classic British gangster movie "The Long Good Friday" do your selves a HUGE favour and either rent it from Netflixs or wherever you rent your movies from or go online and buy it from Amazon,Ebay,Overstock but PLEASE check it out,it's a classic and there's talk of a remake which frankly in this humble bloggers opinion will be two bob so see the original.
The scene where Harold delivers the quote I picked is pivotal to the storyline, and it captures how I feel right now,unfortunately I've been asked not to say anything about what's going on so I will toe the company line,it remains to be seen if the situation will right it's self of if I can let loose w/ both barrels in a day or two.

Since this is a running blog after all, I ran 9 miles after work,I've got a feeling tomorrows 9 miler will be ran w/ more venom...........stay tuned

2 comments:

The Laminator said...

Hi Kev, "To thine own self be true" is a very apt and excellent quote! It captures exactly how I feel because it's the only way I know how to run and how to be!

Thanks again for your excellent insight!

kevin f forde said...

Lam,
glad that I,Shakespeare and "Doctor Tom" could help!!!
At the end of the day it comes down to the athlete,runners are a unique breed it takes one to understand one,whatever the road in some way shape or form we've all ran it.
Keep the faith