Monday, April 26, 2010

Gettin' Jiggy W/ It

Well I'm happy to report my nite at Atlantic City's House Of Blues was a rollockin' success,in the words of Derek Scully in "The Commitments" Flogging Molly were"fuckin' deadly" it was an awesome gig and well worth the trip to AC,5 hours on my feet,being w/in arms length of the mosh pit and NOT rollin' home till 3am.....needless to say I scheduled a day off from work today,I knew I'd be getting home at 3am and the prospect of the alarm going off at 4.51am wasn't filling me w/ glee!!

Given the 5 hours on my feet,the late hour I got home and the rain meant the prospect of my 10 miler at lunchtime was looking remote but after two hours of letting the engine tick over w/ coffee,oj and a few of my tv shows from last nite on my trusty dvr I was ready to face the run.
It would've been real easy to blow off today,I was toast to begin w/,the rain was coming down and would it be the end of the world if I took my rest day today?
There's talk of rain for a few days,if I took my rest day today I'd be SOL for the rest of the week,and as I enter phase two of my training for Nationals today was as good a day as any to invoke the time honoured mantra"it's getting out there on days like today that makes the difference between standing next to the podium at Nationals or standing on it"and come July 22nd and 25th I'll look back on today's leg weary rain sodden 10 miler as a defining moment.

I was slower than usual today,not that these runs are about time ever but all things considered 69 mins is hardly the end of the world,tomorrow rain permitting is another day and now if you'll excuse me I'm about to crash out.

No comments: