Thursday, April 1, 2010

Foolin'

Other than what I perceive as a glitch on my pay cheque today it was April Fools free....more or less,hey I'm not the cryptic here ok!
More blue skies and warm temps today to grace my 9 miler as I kept the pace to an even clip,no point leaving it all out on CCP b4 Saturdays race.
I got a list of the field, 41 of us ranging from 14.25 through 17.27,I'm seeded 34th at 16.00 it's a bit like entering the unknown,or at least the unfamiliar since it's been almost 5 years since my last 5,000m but as I proved a week b4 Indoor Nationals when I ran my first ever 2 mile race I'm capable of holding my own in distances not the norm for me.

Away from the run I ordered tix for Flogging Molly at the House Of Blues in Atlantic City on April 25th,I thought I'd missed my chance to see them when they swung thro Philly at the end of Feb but when I realized how easy it was to get to and from AC via the train it was on like a light switch,looks like it'll be the ideal way to round off Penn Relays weekend,me potentially running the Olympic Development 5,000m on Distance Nite{Thursday}checking out my team mates and friends on Friday and Saturday and then gettin' my jig on to Flogging Molly on Sunday,call it a belated St Paddy's Day pressie to meself....because I'm worth it!

No comments: