Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Calm B4 The Storm

W/ a 10,000m on tap tomorrow{thunderstorms permitting} Easy Tiger was the mindset on my out and back 6 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway,a gentile 53 minute run compared to the 40 mins it normally takes me.
I'm looking forward to putting the unsavoury events of earlier in the week well and truly behind me tomorrow and getting back to focusing on running.

Taking a leaf out of Nyflygirls great blog Training Hard Hardly Training here's my WTF Work story for the week,it happened Monday but obviously there have been other matters at hand to deal w/ till now....
I hate fake people, one of the great life lessons my dad taught me was"if you can't be yourself,don't be anyone"a credo I have lived by most of my life,w/ me what you see is what you get I'd rather be me and people not like me than be someone I'm not and people thinking I'm wonderful.
In work as in w/ relationships,family and as I discovered this week even w/in a running club there will be disagreements,that's fair enough what I hate is someone acting like a three dollar bill.
A difference of opinion broke out between two co workers,it happens we don't have to be bosom buddies,hang out w/out one another outside of the work place,but we should respect one another....
The first protagonist in the disagreement got off the elevator,my coworker starts his patented "charm the knickers off of a nun" routine w/ her she exits stage left,the other protagonist in the verbal altercation gets off the elevator the same co worker who two minutes earlier is kissing up to worker A begins a 360 degree turnaround"she's got issues,she isn't gonna make down there w/ you guys.she this,she that".....................where was this attitude when you were talking to her prior to her walking away?????

I can't stand fake arse three dollar bills period,say what you mean,mean what you say,I stand by all my comments this week on the issue I'm still not allowed to openly discuss,did I make some enemies w/ my club by my comments?probably,will I retract what I said?no people don't have to agree w/ what I said or like it but the bottom line is our club was under attack and this was a time to band together not duck out of the situation and look to fly under the radar to protect their own agendas,remember unless you're dyslexic"there is no I in team"

No comments: