Sunday, May 23, 2010

45-50

So in order to make up my lost 4 miles from Tuesday I had to run today or tack on an extra 2 miles to two of my 10 milers Wed-Fri.
As luck would have it today was my friend and team mate Sean's 50th b'day and the plan was a 50 minute run to celebrate,to quote Nessa from the brilliant show"Gavin And Stacey""end of" a la"end of discussion"

I figured we'd run somewhere between 4 and 5 miles along the Schuylkill Banks which would give me 45/46 miles for the week,after the hammering I gave my 1,000m repeats yesterday the chance to log easy miles today period was as welcome as cake at a fat kids party,plus given the week I have on tap{5x10 miles Mon-Fri b4 5x1,000m Sat} seemed just what the doctor ordered....NO not that Doctor....that was last nite,maybe it was more"what the surgeon ordered" since Sean is a top surgeon at Temple Hospital!!!

Been a while since I didn't run by myself,it was a nice chance of pace so to speak and brunch post run was a nice touch,it'll be 3.5 years b4 I turn 50,chances are 50 will be as low key as 40-45 so don't go expecting any one to push the boat out for yours truly here.

No comments: