Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Gospel According To John Bender

"How come Andrew gets to get up?If Andrew gets up,we'll all get up,it'll be anarchy....it's out of my hands...."

Quite possibly my favourite movie line of all time from Judd Nelson as John Bender in "The Breakfast Club" which is coming up on it's 25th anniversary....wow.
I've probably uttered that line countless times,w/out a doubt there's a little John Bender in me,rebel to the end.
Mercifully things have settled down at work{thank christ!!}in a rare moment my boss and I spoke face to face on Tuesday just to hash out any lingering discord from Monday,we agreed that the problem sometimes w/ emails is things can get lost in translation,we talked,we didn't hug it out and we move on.....I suspect somebody w/in the department will be moving on shortly too,but more of that when the time comes.
One final foot note from Tuesday's day from hell at work,after the morning from hell as things were finally leveling off some "jobsworth" comes strolling across the dock oblivious to the five hours from hell I'd just endured much less the fact I had just over two hours to get the work done b4 hightailing it to New York.
"Good afternoon" he says"is it?"I replied tersely"yes,yes it is as a matter of fact" and at this point were this a movie you'd be ducking down in your seat w/ your hands over your face to spare you the inevitable carnage"walk a @#^%ing mile in my @#$%ing shoes and we'll see how @#$ing good it @#$%ing is"......surfice to say he had no rap for me after that,the moral of this saga,when somebody says they're having a bad day....take their word for it.....

Following yesterdays 67 min 10 miler I was pleasantly surprised to crank out a 63 minute 10 today,I knew when I started picking up the pace of the final three miles that a faster time than yesterday was on tap,hopefully there's still fuel in the tank for tomorrow when I run my first 4x1mile repeats since January 16th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're listening. bang out those miles tomorrow. it's always worth it, isn't it?

kevin f forde said...

Never met a set of mile repeats I never enjoyed