Friday, May 14, 2010

Here Comes The Weekend

Another work week consigned to the record books.....though I'm still over 20 years away from my retirement.....that's a cheery thought but better than the one I had this morning as I ran a round like the proverbial blue arsed fly doing the work load of two people and I observed people from the mail room just lolly gagging and doing sweet fa,chances are these feckers will long outlive me as at this rate I'll work myself into an early grave,while they stand around still flapping their gums.

Ran a 63 minute 10 miler post work,considering the heat and the fact I was looking to ease into tomorrows 4x1 mile repeats I was somewhat surprised to clock 63 minutes,glass half empty I still can't judge pace,glass half full I'm getting stronger.

Yesterday marked 11 weeks till Nationals,I booked my hotel and looked into flights,over the next couple of pay cheques I'll take care of that,after almost 23 years here I'm finally heading out west,granted I won't see much of sunny Sacramento other than the airport,the hotel and the stadium but it'll be some what of a recon mission for Worlds next year.

While looking up last years M45 5,000m times to see where I'd stack up based on my recent times I took a look at the 1,500m times,imagine my surprise to find myself ranked #9 in the world thanks to my 4.07.4. at the Masters Invitational in Boston,here's hoping after this years Nationals I can move up.

No comments: